Director & OT
I founded Sensory SMART OT in 2010.
Originally, graduated from the University of Cape Town (South Africa) in 1991 and have worked in Paediatrics ever since. I commenced work as an OT in a hospital for 2 years followed by work in special schools and private practice. I have owner managed a private practice since 1996.
I have had the privilege of Lecturing Paediatric OT sessions as a guest lecturer for CSU Port Macquarie, from 2018 - 2020. I have offered student training in my practices since 1996.
My view on working with clients is that everyone has strengths. I attempt to harness those strengths in order to assist my clients to overcome the difficulties they face. Sensory SMART OT has become a beacon of hope in the community for families with children who have Autism and other types of disability. I am passionate about being an OT and will promote the profession at every opportunity.
I have previously held positions of leadership on the Western Cape Private Practitioners Group as well as the South African Institute of Sensory Integration. I coordinated an International Conference in Cape Town for 300 delegates in 2003 on behalf of the South African Institute of Sensory Integration Therapists.
2014 Post Grad Sensory Integration & Praxis Test (SIPT) USC/WPS Certificate #4345, Sydney
2012 CBT Fundamentals
2000 Post Grad Certificate of Neuro-Developmental Therapy, Cape Town, South Africa
1995 Post Grad Certificate Southern California Sensory Integration Test - SCSIT - Cape Town, South Africa
1991 BSc. Occupational Therapy (1991), University of Cape Town, South Africa
Annual updates in CBT/Focussed Psychological Strategy Training
- CLASI - ASI in Telehealth
- Gravity Course - Eileen W. Richter
- Secret Agent Society - V1, V2 & Digital: Facilitator training
- Social Thinking Modules - Michelle Garcia Winner
- Zones of Regulation Modules - Leah Kuypers
- Minor Home Mods - Hunter Home Mods
- Sensory vs Behaviour - Medibridge: Carolyn Murray-Slutsky & Betty Paris
- Positive Behaviour Support - Kurrajong
- Behaviour and emotion management for children and teens with ASD - Attwood & Garnet
- Spirituality Webinar - OT Australia
- Wheelchair Assessment & Prescription: Manual and Powered - Vital Living
- Manual Wheelchairs Deconstructed - OT Australia
- OT for ASD - OT Australia
- Visual Perception and the Brain Certificate
- Positive Psychology for the classroom
- Traffic Jam in my Brain - Jen Gereb
- Handwriting Without Tears - LWTears.com
- Alert Program - Williams and Shellerherger
- ASD in Women and Girls - Attwood and Garnet
- Resilience Doughnut - Lyn Worsley
- Learning through play - Karen Stagnitti
- Play Attention Training - www.playattention.com
- Kimochis - Tools with Big feelings www.kimochis.com
- Sensory Profile and Sensory Diets - Dunn
- Focussed Psychological Strategies - OT Australia
- Brushing Protocol - Willbarger
- Managing Challenging Behaviours Using Visual Supports - Mel Rogan
- First Aid Certificate