Director & OT
I graduated from the University of Cape Town (South Africa) in 1991 and have worked in Paediatrics ever since. I commenced work as an OT in a hospital for 2 years followed by work in special schools and private practice. I have owner managed a private practice since 1996.
I have had the privilege of Lecturing Paediatric OT sessions as a guest lecturer for CSU Port Macquarie, from 2018 - 2020. I have offered student training in my practices since 1996.
My view on working with clients is that everyone has strengths. I attempt to harness those strengths in order to assist my clients to overcome the difficulties they face. Sensory SMART OT has become a beacon of hope in the community for families with children who have Autism and other types of disability. I am passionate about being an OT and will promote the profession at every opportunity.
I have previously held positions of leadership on the Western Cape Private Practitioners Group as well as the South African Institute of Sensory Integration. I coordinated an International Conference in Cape Town for 300 delegates in 2003 on behalf of the South African Institute of Sensory Integration Therapists.
- 2014 - Post Grad Sensory Integration & Praxis Test (SIPT) USC/WPS Certificate #4345, Sydney
- 2000 - Post Grad Certificate of Neuro-Developmental Therapy, Cape Town, South Africa
- 1995 - Post Grad Certificate Southern California Sensory Integration Test - SCSIT - Cape Town, South Africa
- 1991 - BSc. Occupational Therapy (1991), University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Annual updates in CBT/Focussed Psychological Strategy Training